Followers

Friday 19 September 2014

I'm a little bit late...

....with this post. Just back from holiday today, arrived home about 3 hours ago and had to get some shopping first as OH and Mathilda really get grumpy about no food.... :) We had the most fantastic week in Dorset, such glorious weather we couldn't believe our luck!
Anyway back to my card. This week s challenge at Delicious Doodles is 'Tag it', you can make a tag or add a tag to your creation. I made a tag shaped card using one of Teri's newer images Tall ship and banner which you can find here. This is such a fabulous image...would make a fantastic pirate ship!I simply printed it in blue and die cut it, then mounted on a die cut circle, added some twine a metal button, brad and fancy paperclip (which was silver so I coloured it with a copic marker).
We'd love it if you 'tag along' with us this week! Just click here to see the rest of the team's fabulous makes and to add your own creation.
Can't keep my eyes open any longer, so I'm off for a lovely bath and an early night!
Have a fab weekend
Chris
x
Challenges
craftforthecraic. something with circles on it
audsentiments for men
tagalong transport
themaleroom metal
nutcrafters anything but square
paperpretties buttons
simonsaysstamp tag it
countryviewchallenges nautical
thekraftjournal tags

18 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous creation, love the image and a great pity that all of it is on a tag and not a card. Love it.

Kath x

chrissy xx said...

BEAutiful! I LOve your colours and design Chris..
I'm amazed at how much you've managed to put on this tag. It really tells the 'story'.
Tags are something I never attempt..To small a space for me lol.
Chrissyxx
We are doing well for weather! Glad you all enjoyed x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag shaped card Chris :-) the whole nautical theme is fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

~ginny said...

Delightful!! What a great tag for a guy - bold colors and design, the elements are all very masculine, - the use of burlap & twine & metal are perfect! Well done! Thank you for sharing your project & your creativity at our house!
Challenge #89 - Anything Goes
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Penny said...

Fantastic tag, Chris! Love the masculine feel to this! Very cool design, papers, image, and embellies! :^)
Glad you had a great vacation! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the tag shaped card and the nautical theme. Love all the texture. Great metal embellishments - the paper clip is fab! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Dawn Walsh said...

Love it doing crafty stuff for the male of the species is sometimes tough but love this nautical theme. I really love all the textures and embellishment

Karla B said...

Lovely tag!

Heather said...

A stunning tag Chris, I love the nautical theme, a fabulous design and gorgeous papers - a lovely image and lovely gorgeous details!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your holiday. Welcome back. Being an old salt this image drew me right in. Love this tag. Excellent craftsmanship. The composition is amazing. - Jim

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal Tag Your It challenge. I do hope you will join us again this week for our current sketch challenge. We would love to see your art in our gallery again!

Kay Wallace said...

Love all the layering here, Chris! Great image for the "transport" theme over at Tag Along Challenge Blog this week.

Jacqueline said...

A fabulous male card - thanks for sharing this week in TMR - Jacqueline xx

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy from cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com

Yvonne Tune said...

love this gift tag, perfect on a bottle of wine, to celebrate a home coming,

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous make, thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Countryview Challenges!

Jackie Scott said...

This is a Super Tag! Love the ship but also all the wonderful colours you have surrounded it with..

Louise van Vuren said...

Great tag card, perfect for our theme of metal. Thanks for joining us in The Male Room this week

Louise xx